This sponge cake is always a tea time winner! Its elegant yet light, and every bite brings a sense of refreshing nostalgia to your taste buds.
Use our new TX 2000 digital scale in this receipt for easy measuring and with higher level of accuracy than using measuring cups!
For the cake
225g (8 oz) butter or stork tub
225g (8 oz) sugar
4 medium eggs
225g (8 oz) self-raising flour, sieved
1 level teaspoon baking powder
For the filling
3 tablespoons jam
For the vanilla icing
225g (8 oz) icing sugar, sieved
85g (3 oz) butter or stork tub
1 lemon, zested
1-2 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C or 350°F.
- Put all the sponge cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon for 2 – 3 minutes until smooth and well combined.
- Divide your mixture between two greased and bottom-lined 20cm (8 inch) sandwich tins.
- Pop them in the middle of your pre-heated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until beautifully golden.
- Turn them out, remove the paper and cool on a cake rack.
- Spread the jam over the middle, sandwich the two pieces together and dust the top with icing sugar.
- Or for something even more delicious mix your vanilla icing ingredients in a bowl until smooth and spread through the middle and over the top of your cake.
- And, voila! …time to enjoy your creation!
The table top/kitchen scale we used:
Fuzion TX 2000
More detailed information about this scale at：https://www.fuzionglobal.com/product/tx-2000/
Many more amazing recipes go to:
Enjoy your time making Victoria Sponge cake with our accurate digital scale!
By: Brook Zha